Why should I collaborate?
It has been 30 years since large cross-cultural study has been carried out testing the understanding of masculinity and femininity (Williams & Best, 1990). Our project aims to collect data from at least 40 countries to determine how people think about men and women today. What is more our project examines the universality of gender stereotypes about men who, according to results of research (carried out so far mainly within Western cultural contexts) must conform to norms such as agency, dominance, pursue high social status, and avoid femininity. By joining in you can also add and test your hypotheses!
What do you need to do to become a collaborator?
You need to:
- Ensure and document proper ethical clearance for the study conducted under the project in accordance with your institution’s policies.
- Translate the survey used in the study to the language appropriate for your sample and make sure it is sensitive to your cultural context.
- Collect data by October 30th 2019 of:
- at least 100 men and 100 women
- the participants should be students from an undergraduate/bachelor (or similar) program of psychology or any other major
- Complete the questionnaire detailing information about the data collection site and its specific context (sent to you upon completion of data collection).
What does data collection look like?
- The data will be collected online through an online survey service overseen by the project coordinator, and the study link will be sent to you by the project coordinator.
- The survey will take approximately 25 minutes to complete. It will be done online via the SurveyMonkey.
- If an online study is not possible at your university, it is possible to use pencil and paper to collect the data.
- Should there be any problems in collecting 200 participants, please inform the project coordinator as soon as you become aware of the problem.
What is the project’s timeline?
In 36-months, our team of international researchers will conduct overall 5 cross-cultural studies with over 10000 participants.
When should I sign up?
Sign up up as soon as possible. Also take into account the time needed to translate the survey into your language (with assistance from the project coordinator). We plan to finalize data collection by October 30th 2019.
How can I sign up?
At the beginning you can fill out THIS SHORT FORM, which will help us to get to know the requirements of people willing to cooperate with us. Then we will contact you with more information. You will also need to sign the Collaborators’ Agreement.
Can I ask more questions?
Of course! Feel free to ask us whatever you want. Please contact us by email: email@example.com